Thursday 11 June 2009

Greetings from Seppuku

I'm Seppuku.
Let's see, I'm the mad artist, scanlator and half translator of Marimo Scans. I'm working together with Kansaki on scanlating random manga that we find interesting.

Okay, for some of you who are wondering why my authoring name is so strange: Yes, Seppuku basically means suicide. It's a form of suicide actually, It's basically the art of death through stomach cutting which is specially for Samurai. And because I think it looks cool, I used it as my authoring name. And no, I'm not crazy.

Now, if you ask "Why Marimo? Why Box"
That's because we figured that our original group name "Kuso-Yarou" was a little vulgar and inappropriate. So I ended up wrecking my brains for another strange name, and came up with 'Marimo' on a whim. However, I thought that just plain "Marimo" sounded boring, so I wrecked my brain for something else. I came up with Marimo-Scans and Marimo-Prison, however they didn't work out. A while later, I randomly blurted out 'What about Marimo-Box?' and everyone agreed. Thus the birth of Marimo-Box.

Marimo, which is also known as moss ball, is a species of green algae found in lakes in the northern hemisphere. They're soft and velvety, not slimy or icky, and they're pretty cool. I mean, they float and everything.


So... I'm an Anime and Manga obsessor, but I'm not an otaku. I'm a legendary Samurai who's currently under the orders of my Lord, Kansaki (though I actually wish to serve Monkey D. Luffy from the bottom of my heart). I'm a giant One Piece fan as well, and I worship Oda, and his creations. I enjoy drawing, although my drawings may not be the best out there, and I'll be presenting you with our marimo mascot shortly.

Have a good day, fellow people.

5 comments: